This publication includes:
* over 88 Russian-language documents and
extracts from American and
European sources, analyzed and translated. They include
birth, death, and marriage records of various formats; gazetteer
revision lists; obituaries; population registers; military service records;
passports and much more.
* sections on Russian grammar, phonetics and
* information on how to locate records in
America and Europe
* a chapter on gazetteers and how to use the,
with ten (10) maps showing
Russia's changing borders and divisions. There are also
Guides for Russian, Lithuanian and Ukrainian.
* a 77-page vocabulary with over 4,000 entries
featuring archaic terms and
spellings most likely to be found in records but rarely
included in modern
* a 26- page list of over 700 Christian and
Jewish given names with
equivalents in English, Latin, Lithuanian and Polish.
This book is soft cover, perfect bound, with 496
bindery pages, 8.5" x 11",
weight 3 lb., 5 oz.
Can be ordered through
Polish Art Center,
Polish Genealogical Society of America.