Written by the authors of Following the Paper Trail and the Polish and Latin volumes of the In Their Words series, the book includes:
* 88 Russian-language documents and
extracts from American and European sources, analyzed and translated. They include
extracts from birth, death, and marriage records of various formats; gazetteer
entries; revision lists; obituaries; population registers; military service records;
passports and much more.
* sections on Russian grammar, phonetics and
* information on how to locate records in
America and Europe;
* a chapter on gazetteers and how to use the,
with ten (10) maps showing Russia's changing borders and divisions. There are also
Letter Writing Guides for Russian, Lithuanian and Ukrainian.
* an 80-page vocabulary with over 3,700 entries
featuring archaic terms and spellings most likely to be found in records but rarely
included in modern dictionaries.
* a 26- page list of over 700 Christian and
Jewish given names with equivalents in English, Latin, Lithuanian and Polish.
This book is soft-cover, perfect bound, with 520
bindery pages, 8.5" x 11", weight 2 lb., 11 oz.
Can be ordered through
Polish Art Center,
Polish Genealogical Society of America.