This publication includes:
* over 100 Latin-language documents and
extracts from American and European sources, analyzed and translated. They include
extracts from birth, death, and marriage records of various formats; diplomas; parish histories; diocesan directories; armorials; and legal records.
* a section on Latin grammar, phonetics, and
* information on how to locate records in
America and Europe;
* a chapter on gazetteers and how to use them,
followed by a list of selected place names in Latin and their modern equivalents;
* a 128-page vocabulary, with particular emphasis on the terms likely to be found in records, including occupations, causes of death, terms used in titles, and so forth;
* a 22-page list of Latin given names with their equivalents in Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
This book is soft cover, perfect bound, with 420
bindery pages, 8.5" x 11", weight 2 lb., 5 oz.
If you'd like to see the Table of Contents of
this book, you can review it
Click here to see information on ordering a copy.
If you're a PGSA member, you can click here to order on the PGSA website.
And click here to order online with a credit card from the Polish Art Center in Hamtramck, Michigan.